Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu
Roast duck with nectarine butter
A rich and decadent bird, duck is the ideal roast for an intimate dinner.
- Serves 4
- Less than 1 hour
- 2 ripe nectarines, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) butter
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) thyme leaves
- 1 whole duck
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 lemons, halved
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 packet (500g) baby potatoes, halved
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- Handful rocket
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Blitz nectarine in a food processor until smooth.
- Add butter and thyme and blitz until just combined.
- Rinse duck and pat dry.
- Season cavity with salt and milled pepper.
- Rub butter under skin over duck breast and prick skin lightly with a sharp knife.
- Stuff cavity with lemon halves and garlic cloves.
- Toss potatoes and onion with oil and place in a roasting pan.
- Place duck on top.
- Roast for 90 minutes, or until duck is tender and cooked through with crispy skin, and the vegetables blistered.
- Scatter with rocket and serve with vegetables.