Fuel up on Friday for double points!
Make Friday the day you fill up and get double Smart Shopper points on every litre of fuel at bp between 1 October and 31 December 2020! Plus, fill up for R300 or more, swipe your Smart Shopper card and stand a chance to be 1 of 50 customers to win R5000 in Smart Shopper points every month!
Offer ends 31 December 2020. Double points offer only valid on Fridays. Ts&Cs apply.
PICK N PAY SMART SHOPPER – BP SUMMER CAMPAIGNTERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1 GENERAL
- 1.1 The promoter to this competition is Pick n Pay Retailers Pty Ltd (“Pick n Pay”) (registration number: 1973/004739/07) a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at 101 Rosmead Avenue, Kenilworth, 7708.
- 1.2 All persons entering the Pick n Pay Smart Shopper Competition ("the promotional competition") ("the entrants") agree that the competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these terms and conditions is available at www.pnp.co.za.
- 2 IMPORTANT NOTICE
- 2.1 These terms and conditions and competition rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- 2.1.1 may limit the risk or liability of the promoter or a third party; and/or 2.1.2 may create risk or liability for the entrant; and/or 2.1.3 may compel the entrant to indemnify the promoter or a third party; and/or 2.1.4 serves as an acknowledgement, by the entrant, of a fact. 2.1.5 the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- 2.2 The entrant's attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- 2.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA").
- 2.4 The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his or her entry to the competition he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and the he/she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- 2.5 All entrants to this promotional competition participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the promoters and Pick n Pay Stores Limited and all entities in the Pick n Pay group; their directors, employees and agents, and bp of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any indemnified party.
- 2.1 These terms and conditions and competition rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- 3 RULES OF THE PROMOTION
- 3.1 This competition opens on 01 October 2020 and closes at midnight on 31 December 2020.
- 3.2 Smart Shoppers entering this competition are eligible to win the following prize:
Allocation of the prize to 50 (fifty) lucky winners each month, 150 winners in total:
Be 1 of 50 lucky winners each month who will receive R5 000 in Smart Shopper Points to spend on fuel and groceries.
The prize is not interchangeable and the allocation is at the full discretion of Pick n Pay and bp and is not negotiable.
- 3.3 Each entrant can only win this competition once.
- 3.4 The winner will be contacted by Pick n Pay Call Centre, before being handed over to the supplier to arrange for delivery details.
- 3.5 Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or other prizes.
- 3.6 In order to qualify as an entrant for this promotional competition:
- 3.6.1 the entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa;
- 3.6.2 the entrant must provide correct and full personal details, as required; and
- 3.6.3 the entrant must be 18 years old or older.
- 3.6.4 the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- 3.6.5 The competition is open to all registered Pick n Pay Smart Shoppers.
- 3.6.6 The promoters, Pick n Pay Retailers (Proprietary) Limited, any entity in the Pick n Pay Group or Company, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the above named parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotional competition.
- 3.7 To enter the promotional competition, the entrant must:
- 3.7.1 Be a registered Pick n Pay Smart Shopper card holder prior to 31 December 2020.
- 3.7.2 Spend R300 or more on fuel at bp and swipe their Smart Shopper card before tender of the products, between 01 October and 31 December 2020.
- 4 SELECTION OF WINNERS
- 4.1 Winners will be selected by / before 16 November 2020, 15 December 2020 and 15 January 2021 respectively. This date is subject to change without notice.
- 4.2 Entrants to whom prizes will be awarded will be selected through a random draw.
- 4.3 Winners will be contacted via email or telephonically starting from 30 November 2020, 31 December 2020 and 31 January 2021 respectively (latest starting date). Winners that have no valid communication will be excluded from the draw. If winners have not been able to be contacted within 5 working days, they will forfeit and a backup winner will be selected.
- 4.4 Pick n Pay reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the email or telephone call within one week of winner selection and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. In such circumstances, the replacement winner shall be contacted via email or telephonically by Pick n Pay as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to Pick n Pay in the manner set out in such correspondence. In the event that the replacement winner fails to respond to Pick n Pay as required, then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if he/she were the original winner. If the selected winner does not have any contact details a redraw will need to take place immediately.
- 4.5 Pick n Pay reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Pick n Pay, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- 5 GENERAL
- 5.1 By entering the competition in accordance with its terms, you are entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 ("CPA") and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in the competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to (i) providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of address and identity number) and (ii) signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
- 5.2 The names of the prize winners will be published on the Pick n Pay website and the monthly Wine Club communication subject to the winner’s consent.
- 5.3 Winners may be requested to take part in the promoter's publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. Winners are, however, entitled to decline such request.
- 5.4 The promoters shall conduct the competition, and the Promoters’ decision on any matter related to the competition, including the selection of prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- 5.5 Any queries in this regard, and a copy of these rules can be found at www.picknpay.co.za or by calling the consumer services division on 0860 30 30 30 during office hours throughout the period of the competition
About the Partnership
We're having a points party at every petrol pump at bps nationwide!
That's right, you can now pump up your Smart Shopper points when you fill at at bp. Pick n Pay and bp have partnered up to drive your Smart Shopper points even further with every litre of fuel you purchase at bps nationwide. To earn bonus Smart Shoper points and to use them to pay for fuel, remember to register your card on the PnP mobile app, in-store kiosk or online.
On your way to work, the mall or school, make sure you don't miss out on 10 Smart Shopper points per litre of fuel!
Fuel up using R50 in points!!
You can now SAVE even more by using your Smart Shopper points to pay for your fuel purchase. If you have a minimum of R50 worth of Smart Shopper points on your card, you can fill up at any participating bp and pay for the entire purchase or part of the transaction with your Smart Shopper points. It's just another way we're 'driving' your savings even further!
BP Specific Customer Terms and Conditions : Pick n Pay Smart Shopper Programme1. General
BP Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd ("BP") and Pick n Pay Retailers (Proprietary) Limited ("Pick n Pay") have partnered to offer Smart Shopper customers holding a valid and physical Smart Shopper card the ability to earn points on both petrol and diesel when filling at participating BP sites.
The terms and conditions listed below are to be read in conjunction with the Pick n Pay Smart Shopper Programme terms and conditions associated with the Smart Shopper loyalty awards which can be found on the Pick n Pay web site at http://www.picknpay.co.za/smartshopper-terms-and-condition ("the Smart Shopper Programme Terms and Conditions"). These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
2. BP Eligibility Transaction Criteria and transaction Limits
Please note that you cannot earn Smart Shopper Points if you are a BP FuelMaster, Fuelmaster Plus, Masana Fuel Card, Fuel Master Card and Masana Contracted Fleet Move customer and paying using one of these payment types when fuelling at participating BP service stations. As such, these are considered to be non-Eligible Transactions for the purposes of the earning of Smart Shopper points under the Pick n Pay Smart Shopper Loyalty Programme ("the Pick n Pay Programme").
BP and Pick n Pay reserve the right to amend the list of Eligible Transactions accepted at BP service stations for the purposes of the earning and/or redeeming of Smart Shopper points under the Pick n Pay Programme.
We have introduced the following daily limits on Smart Shopper points:
- No Smart Shopper card may be swiped at participating BP Service Stations 5 (five) times or more in a day (the transaction limit applies irrespective of whether the transaction relates to earning or redeeming Smart Shopper points at participating BP Service Stations);
- Points may be earned on a maximum of 200l (two hundred litres) per transaction;
- Points on fuel purchases may only be earned up to a maximum upper limit per card of 500l (five hundred litres) per day;
- The minimum Smart Shopper points that may be redeemed by you in respect of the payment for fuel at participating BP Service Stations is points to the value of R75 per transaction;
- The maximum daily value of Smart Shopper points that may be redeemed by you in respect of the payment for fuel at participating BP Service Stations is points to the value of R3000 per day.
In the event of a dispute regarding the Pick n Pay Programme and the implementation or interpretation of these terms and conditions (including but not limited to the determination of Eligible Transactions), the decision of BP and Pick n Pay shall be final and binding.
Pick and Pay store accounts cannot be used to purchase fuel at participating BP sites.
3. Earning and Redemption of Points
Smart Shopper points may be earned on the purchase of fuel by Smart Shopper customers in possession of a valid and physical Smart Shopper card but may not be earned in respect of those exclusions mentioned above under eligibility transaction criteria and transaction limits. It is the responsibility of the card-holder to register his/her Smart Shopper card.
Should you require a Smart Shopper Card, you can obtain one from your nearest Pick and Pay store or participating BP service station, subject to availability.
Smart Shopper points are earned by, and awarded to, the Smart Shopper card holder at a rate of 10 (ten) Smart Shopper points for every 1 (one) litre of fuel purchased from participating BP service stations (subject to the Smart Shopper Programme Terms and Conditions). For the avoidance of doubt, fuel purchased by you at participating BP Service Stations by way of the redemption of Smart Shopper points will be taken into account for purposes of calculating the total volume of fuel purchased in respect of the relevant transaction for the earning of Smart Shopper points.
Smart Shopper points earned on Eligible Transactions will be calculated by rounding down to the nearest whole litre of fuel purchased from a participating BP service station.
Bonus Smart Shopper points, including launch offers or interim offers, communicated through campaigns and promotions via the standard Smart Shopper communication channels or by BP directly, may be earned on the purchase of fuel at participating BP service stations from time to time.
BP and Pick n Pay reserve the right to change the Smart Shopper points allocation offering to customers associated with this BP and Pick n Pay fuel offering from time to time. All changes shall become effective as from the date specified in such communication.
Smart Shopper points may not be earned or redeemed at BP Express Stores but may be earned or redeemed at Pick n Pay Express stores located at BP service stations.
Smart Shopper points may only be earned using a valid and physical Smart Shopper card at a participating BP service station.
With effect from 26 August 2019, you shall be entitled to redeem your available Smart Shopper points at participating BP Service Stations for the purchase of fuel, subject to the limitations contemplated in paragraph 2 above (BP Eligibility Transaction Criteria and transaction limits). It remains your responsibility, prior to filling up at a BP Service Station, to determine whether the relevant BP Service Station is a participating BP Service Station for purposes of the redemption of Smart Shopper points for the purchase of fuel. BP and Pick n Pay does not guarantee that a relevant BP Service Station will be in a position to process any proposed redemption of Smart Shopper points for the purchase of fuel. You will, accordingly, remain liable for the payment of the full purchase consideration in respect of the fuel where a BP Service Station is, for whatsoever reason, unable or unwilling to redeem the Smart Shopper points for the purchase of fuel. No BP forecourt employee may accept a Smart Shopper customer's points, for any reason, even if the Smart Shopper customer offers to give the points to the employee.
A customer cannot earn Smart Shopper points at a participating BP service station if his/her Smart Shopper card is not presented at the time of purchase.
If you are unable to earn Smart Shopper points at the participating BP service station due to technical issues, and you have presented your Smart Shopper card in respect of an Eligible Transaction you can contact the Pick n Pay Call Centre and kindly provide your relevant proof of purchase which includes fuel receipt, card number and the payment device receipt showing that the transaction failed due to technical reasons.
4. Right to suspend or block cards
BP and Pick n Pay reserves the right to suspend or block cards where BP's eligibility criteria, as contemplated in paragraph 2 above, are not met or the relevant limits are not adhered to, or where there is, in Pick n Pay and/or BP's reasonable opinion, a suspicion of fraudulent or unusual activity in relation to the Smart Shopper card, or where the Pick n Pay Programme rules have been bypassed or breached and any Smart Shopper points earned or redeemed on such suspicious transaction(s) will be cancelled. BP reserves the right to claim from the customer payment, on demand, of the cost to BP of any points that may have been incorrectly issued or redeemed as a result of the suspicious transaction(s) committed by the customer, as herein contemplated. The customer shall have no claim against BP or Pick n Pay as a result of such cancellation of Smart Shopper points.
5. On-going Communication
BP would like to contact you and share our promotions, competitions and campaigns. By opting in to receive communication from BP you are actively consenting to receive information about BP promotions and competitions and to BP using your data for the purposes and in the manner stated below, via the channels based on the contact details provided by you. You may opt out from receiving BP communications at any time by sending an opt-out notification to BP. BP will only use your data for the purpose of sending you information about promotions and competitions it is running from time to time and to enhance its offering to you. In carrying out the purpose, BP may require data analytics and segmentation to be carried out by BP's service providers based outside of South Africa. No personal contact data will be included in any such data analytics and segmentation.
6. General provisions and limitation of liability
As far as the law allows, all warranties and representations (whether express, implied or tacit) in relation to the Pick n Pay Programme and BP's participation therein which are not set out in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
BP reserves its right to amend its participation in the Pick n Pay Programme on notice to you.
7. Amending of terms and conditions
BP and Pick n Pay reserve the right to amend, replace, or supplement these terms and conditions from time to time.
Be the first to find out about BP’s latest deals, competitions and more!
BP Help Desk 0860 222 166
Smart Shopper card.
Smart Shopper card.
Swipe your Smart Shopper card every time you fill up at BP.
Earn 10 Smart Shopper points per
litre of fuel!
litre of fuel!