It takes just four ingredients to make this deeply flavoursome traditional dish of stewing mutton (or beef) cooked slowly in a broth and then pulled into shreds. Serve your Tshotlo with pap or steam bread.
- Makes 6
- 160 minutes
- 1 kg stewing beef
- 1.5 L boiling water
- 1 Knorrox Beef Stock Cube
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Robertsons Origanum
- To a large pot, add the beef, water, Knorrox Beef Stock Cube and Robertsons Origanum. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer, with the lid on, until the meat is very tender and falls off the bone. Remove the meat from the liquid and place in a large bowl. Allow the remaining broth to continue to simmer until it has reduced by half.
- Remove the bones from the meat. Using the back of a big spoon, squash the meat until it resembles strings. Add the shredded meat to the reduced broth and stir well.
- Serve hot with ting, pap or steam bread.