Thai Curry Butternut Soup
- Makes 6 - 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 – 4 tsp (15ml – 20ml) Thai red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Lazenby Worcestershire sauce
- 500g butternut cubes
- 600ml - 750ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 can (380g) Nestlé ideal medium fat evaporated milk
- salt and milled black pepper
- To serve
- Nestlé dessert & cooking cream (optional)
- 45ml dukkah or nuts and seeds
- coriander leaves
- red and/or green chilli slices, if desired
- Heat the oil in a pot and gently cook the onions for 5 minutes. Add the apple, curry paste and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the butternut and stock and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Stir in the evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cool slightly and use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Alternatively, pureé the mixture in a blender.
- Reheat before serving and serve with either a drizzle of cream or a sprinkling of dukkah, coriander leaves and chilli slices, if desired.