Turkish lamb kofta
Braaiing adds an extra smoky flavour.
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 800g lamb or beef mince
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground coriander
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) sumac or juice of ½ (30ml) lemon
- ½ tsp (3ml) ground cloves
- ½ punnet (10g) fresh coriander or parsley
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 tubs (120g each) PnP hummus
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 disc (180g) feta, crumbled
- 1 tub (100g) pomegranate rubies
- Handful fresh parsley
- Handful fresh mint
- For serving:
- Toasted flatbreads
- Mix onion, garlic, mince, paprika, ground coriander, sumac or lemon juice, cloves and coriander or parsley together. Season.
- Divide into 8-12 even portions and wrap meat around bamboo skewers (presoaked in water).
- Place koftas in a folding braai grid and grill over medium coals until cooked through.
- Spread hummus on a platter.
- Toss together chickpeas, cucumber, feta, pomegranate rubies and a handful fresh parsley and mint and scatter over hummus.
- Place skewers on the side and serve with toasted flatbreads.