Teriyaki Salmon with Mango Salsa
Great served with a side of blanched green veggies like sugar snap peas or broccoli tips
- Serves 4
- 1⁄4 cup (60ml) teriyaki sauce
- 4 salmon or trout fillets
- Handful of sesame seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil
- Juice (80 ml) and grated peel of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- Greens of 2 spring onions
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- Handful of coriander, torn
- Pour teriyaki sauce over salmon, cover and chill for 30 minutes. Whisk dressing ingredients together and season.
- Toss together sambal ingredients. Heat a glug of olive oil in a pan and sear salmon for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve salmon with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and fresh coriander with sambal and dressing on the side.