Summer cheese and charcuterie platter
Serve with strawberry and rose chutney
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- Chutney ingredients
- 400g Strawberries, halved
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 20g rose petals
- Jam ingredients
- 500g fresh figs, halved
- 400g sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Platter ingredients
- A selection of French cheeses such as brie, camembert, chevin and Roquefort
- A selection of charcuterie such as prosciutto, salami and coppa
- 1 Freshly baked sourdough loaf or any other bread of your choice
- 500g red grapes
- For the chutney - place the strawberries, vinegar, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cook on a medium heat until sticky and add the rose petals. Cool down.
- For the jam - place the figs, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon stick in a medium pot and slowly bring to the boil on low heat.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until it becomes sticky. Cool down
- For the platter – arrange the cheese, charcuterie, bread and grapes on a platter.
- Serve the chutney, jam in bowls with the rest on the platter with a bottle of Laborie Rose.