Spicy pork and chickpea tacos
A taste of Mexico in a flash
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 packet (500g) pork sausages
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp (5ml) paprika
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) sriracha
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ punnet (100g) mixed-medley tomatoes, quartered
- Juice (30ml) of ½ lemon
- Salt and milled black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- ½ packet (125g) rocket
- Double-cream yoghurt, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Fry sausages, removed from casings, for 5-7 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, paprika and sriracha and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Combine onion, avocado, tomatoes and lemon juice. Season and set aside to marinate.
- Top tortillas with rocket, pork mixture and salsa.
- Serve with yoghurt and lime wedges.