Smoked salmon with pickled salad
No cooking and serious yum factor.
- Serves 6
- Less than 1 hour
- 6 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp (5ml) yellow mustard seeds
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 tsp (5ml) pink peppercorns
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- ½ cup (125ml) sugar
- 1 whole (1-1.2kg) oak-smoked salmon fillet
- 2 packets (30g each) watercress
- 1 packet (4s) spring onions, sliced
- ½ bulb fennel, sliced
- 2 bulbs beetroot, sliced
- Olive oil, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Combine pickle ingredients and infuse for about 30 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Place salmon on a platter.
- Toss watercress, spring onions, fennel and beetroot together.
- Top fish with watercress salad and pickles.
- Serve drizzled with olive oil, with lemon wedges on the side.