Smoked mackerel cloud omelettes
Include fish such as mackerel in your diet for heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Serves 2
- Less than 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) canola or avocado oil
- 4 eggs, 3 separated and 1 whole
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 fillet (about 180g) smoked peppered mackerel, flaked
- 1½ discs (120g) low-fat herbed feta, crumbled
- Handful watercress
- Divide oil between two pans and place over medium heat.
- Whisk together 3 egg yolks, 1 whole egg and seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, whisk remaining 3 egg whites until medium peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- Divide egg mixture between pans.
- Fry until golden on the bottom and omelette is just starting to set on top.
- Top with mackerel and feta, fold closed and cook for a minute.
- Serve with watercress.