Slow-roasted tomato and basil spaghetti
Slow-roasting tomatoes give them a deeper flavour.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 1 punnet (200g) baby tomatoes
- 5 salad tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (500g) wholewheat spaghetti
- ⅓ cup (80ml) sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) water
- Large handful basil leaves
- Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss fresh tomatoes, garlic, sugar and 2 Tbsp (30ml) oil together in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes until blistered. Gently smash with a fork.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Blitz remaining oil, sun-dried tomatoes and water together.
- Drain pasta and toss with sun-dried tomato paste while hot.
- Top with roasted tomatoes and sprinkle with basil leaves.
- Serve with parmesan shavings.