Rum-spiked watermelon slices
Get the party started with this deliciously juicy treat.
- Serves 6-8
- Less than 30 minutes
- ¼ large PnP watermelon, sliced into 4cm-thick wedges
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ¼ cup (60ml) sugar
- ¼-⅓ cup (60-80ml) white rum
- Juice (90ml) of 3 limes
- 1 packet (20g) fresh mint, chop half
- Handful fresh basil
- Milled pepper
- Place watermelon wedges on a flat serving plate.
- Place water and sugar in a pot and heat through until sugar dissolves and a syrup forms.
- Mix syrup, rum, lime juice and chopped mint together.
- Pour mixture over watermelon wedges and marinate for about 10 minutes, turning regularly to soak both sides.
- Top with remaining mint, basil and a grinding of pepper. Serve with drinks or snacks.