Roast-veg tart with herb oil
Keep a few rolls of puff pastry in the freezer for easy meals in minutes.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 6 whole cloves garlic
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 6 carrots, sliced into sticks
- 1 green pepper, seeds scraped and thickly sliced
- 1 packet (400g) baby marrows, thickly sliced
- ½ cup (125ml) canola oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) basil, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) chives, chopped
- 1 roll (400g) puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss veg in half the canola oil in a roasting pan. Season.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes, tossing every 20 minutes.
- Remove half the veg, cool and freeze (or save for lunch).
- Blitz remaining canola oil together with basil, parsley and chives in a food processor. Set herb oil aside to infuse.
- Line a baking tray with puff pastry. Score a 1cm border around edge.
- Arrange roast vegetables on pastry sheet.
- Brush edges with egg.
- Bake at 200°C for 25-30 minutes, until pastry is puffed up and golden.
- Drizzle with herb oil and serve.