Portuguese sherry mussels with garlic bread
Use half or full-shell mussels, discarding any that do not open.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- Stir garlic, chillies, paprika, tomato paste and sherry together. Add mussels and toss to coat. Season. Reserve sauce.
- Braai mussels shell-side down over hot coals for 15 minutes, turning halfway.
- Simmer remaining sauce in a pot for a few minutes.
- For the garlic bread, stir garlic cloves, parsley and butter together. Set aside.
- Slice baguette into 1cm-thick pieces, not cutting all the way through.
- Spread flavoured butter between slices.
- Wrap in foil and braai over coals for 15 minutes. Remove foil and toast for 4-5 minutes each side until golden.
- Serve mussels with garlic bread and sauce.