Pork cutlets with braised apple and red cabbage
Sweet apple and cabbage are just what you need to serve with pork
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 1 red cabbage
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chopped thyme
- ½ cup (125ml) apple juice or cider
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) each butter and olive oil
- 4 pork cutlets
- Tangy mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice cabbage.
- Core apples and cut each into 8 wedges.
- Place cabbage and apple wedges in a roasting pan, dot with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and chopped thyme.
- Pour over apple juice or cider, cover with tinfoil and bake at 200°C for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan. Season pork cutlets well and sear in the pan for 5 minutes a side or until cooked through.
- Serve pork cutlets with braised cabbage and apple, and a tangy mustard on the side.