Pear and vanilla sponge pudding
Pure Sunday-lunch nostalgia
- Serves 8
- Less than an hour
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 1.5L-capacity baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
- Drain pear halves and slice into quarters.
- Spoon half the batter into baking dish.
- Scatter over pears and chocolate.
- Pour over remaining batter and sprinkle with almond flakes, if using.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the pudding comes out clean. Cover with foil if the top browns too quickly.
- Heat sugar, butter and cream together until sugar has melted.
- Pour hot sauce over hot pudding.
- Stand for 15 minutes, then serve with a dollop of cream, if preferred.