Pea and pork soup
On a budget? Swap Kassler steaks for diced bacon.
- Serves 4
- Less than 1 hour
- 6 cups (1.5L) vegetable stock
- 4 Kassler (smoked pork) steaks
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 packet (1kg) frozen peas
- Milled pepper
- Fresh cream, for serving
- Heat vegetable stock in a pot.
- Place Kassler steaks and thyme sprigs in the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes. (Don’t boil or meat will become tough.)
- Remove meat, cool slightly and shred.
- Discard thyme.
- Place frozen peas in stock and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and blitz with a stick blender.
- Add shredded meat and season with a pinch milled pepper.
- Serve with a drizzle of fresh cream.