Party pizza with biltong, avocado and feta
Great for feeding a crowd.
- Serves 8
- Less than 1 hour
- Pizza dough:
- 3⅓ cups (500g) flour, plus extra for flouring surface
- Pinch salt
- 1 (10g) sachet yeast
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1½ cups (375ml) lukewarm water
- Tomato sauce:
- 2 cans (70g each) tomato paste
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sugar
- Salt and milled pepper
- 400g PnP mozzarella loaf, grated
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) diced Danish feta
- 150g moist biltong
- Handful rocket
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Mix flour, salt, yeast, olive oil and lukewarm water together to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead well for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough into a lightly greased bowl and leave covered in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 4 and roll into 1cm thick bases.
- Preheat oven to maximum setting.
- Press pizza dough into 2 large (30-40cm) baking trays.
- Mix tomato sauce ingredients together, adding water to mixture. Mix well and spread over pizza bases.
- Scatter over mozzarella and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Working quickly, slice pizza into serving squares and top with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle over a little oil and balsamic vinegar and serve.