Pan-seared scallops with brown butter on buttery brioche
- Serves 6
- Slice the brioche loaf in thin slices, and cut 6 rounds from the slices with a 7cm diameter round cookie cutter.
- Heat 15g butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Toast the brioche slices for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat 15g butter and olive oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towel, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and fry for 2 minutes on each side or until a golden crust appears.
- Heat the remaining butter in a pan over medium heat until it begins to brown.
- Serve the scallops on top of the brioche toast, drizzled the brown butter over it, and garnish with micro leaves.
- Serve with Graham Beck Brut Non-Vintage MCC.