Oyster Butter Sauce
This decadent sauce is delicious with steamed mussels or steamed white-fleshed fish. Serve with chunks of freshly-baked ciabatta and pair with Boschendal Brut NV.
- Sweat the onions in 20g of butter.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the garlic and fresh thyme.
- Sweat for a further minute.
- Add the white wine and white wine vinegar.
- On a medium heat, reduce the liquid until syrupy in consistency.
- Add the fresh fish stock.
- Reduce the fish stock rapidly by half.
- Pass the sauce through a fine sieve into a heat-proof bowl.
- Add the oysters and juice.
- Blend till smooth.
- Return to a clean saucepan.
- Reheat the sauce until hot, but don’t allow to boil.
- With a stick blender or fine whisk, beat the remaining butter into the sauce.
- Add salt to taste.