Moroccan picanha steak with tahini carrots
This is a feast that can be made over the coals.
- Serves 6
- More than 1 hour
- Spice rub:
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) smoked paprika
- ½ tsp (3ml) cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground ginger
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves chopped
- 2 sprigs oregano, leaves chopped
- 1 large picanha steak
- 3 packets (200g each) rainbow baby carrots
- Salt and milled pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp (5ml) fennel seeds, crushed
- Parsley, for serving
- Ruby microherbs, for serving
- Tahini, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine rub ingredients and rub all over steak.
- Brown steak fat-side down in a smoking-hot pan or over coals for 4-5 minutes, then brown the other side.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or continue cooking over the coals to your liking.
- Place carrots on a baking tray, season and add oil and spices.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, then rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve sliced steak garnished with herbs and with carrots, dressed with tahini, on the side.