Marmalade pears with ice cream
Use any pear varietal you like.
- Serves 2
- More than 1 hour
- Heat cream over low heat.
- Whisk yolks, sugar and cinnamon together in a glass bowl until fluffy.
- Slowly whisk egg mixture into hot cream.
- Place ice-cream mixture over a pot of simmering water and cook until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour into a freezer-proof container and cool completely, then freeze.
- Arrange pears on a dish.
- Mix marmalade, ginger, orange juice and whisky or water and pour over pears.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve with ice cream.