One Pot Chicken & Veg Stir Fried Rice
An easy, all-in-one chicken and vegetable egg fried rice bowl.
- Serves 3 - 4
- Less than 30 mins
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled cut into short matchsticks
- 100g green beans or sugar snap peas, thinly sliced into short matchsticks
- 1 small baby cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ cup (65g) frozen sweetcorn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (500ml) cold, cooked white rice
- ½ cup (50g) bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) MAGGI Lazenby Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) lime juice
- To Serve: (Optional)
2 Tbsp (30ml) fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 12 Tbsp (30ml) fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat the oil in a wok or wide frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion for 4-5 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, green beans/ sugar snap peas, cabbage and sweetcorn. Stir-fry for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixed egg over the vegetables and cook, without stirring for 1 minute.
- 4. Top with the cooked rice and bean sprouts and stir through.
- 5. Mix the remaining sauce ingredients together and add to the stir fry, cook for 1 -2 minutes, or until heated through.
- 6. Serve topped the herbs, if desired.
Replace the green beans, carrots and corn with 1 cup (140g) frozen mixed diced vegetables
- Add some fresh bean sprouts in the last 2 minutes of cooking, some extra crunch and texture.