Lentil and sweet potato salad
Turn the humble lentil into an extraordinary meal.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5ml) paprika
- 2 cups (500ml) black lentils, cooked
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Handful rocket, for serving
- Dollop labneh or double-cream yoghurt
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges and place on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, honey, cumin and paprika.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Combine lentils, onion and cucumber.
- Whisk together oil, juice and peel of lemon, and pour over lentils.
- Serve sweet potato and lentils with rocket and labneh.