Lemony meatballs with feta on tomato couscous
You can make this dish with quinoa, too!
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- 600g extra-lean beef or ostrich mince
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) soy or Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground coriander
- ½ punnet (10g) dill and/or mint, chopped (optional)
- ½ punnet (10g) parsley, chopped
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 discs (200g) feta, crumbled
- Glug oil, for frying
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes, blitzed
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1½ cups (375ml) couscous
- For serving:
- Tomato sauce
- Feta, crumbled
- Fresh herbs
- Roasted tomatoes
- Combine meatball ingredients and shape into 16 meatballs.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry meatballs until browned all over and cooked.
- Heat stock, tomatoes and thyme together in a pot.
- Simmer for 15 minutes to reduce by half – you should be left with 2 cups (500ml) liquid.
- Combine sauce and couscous in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and steam until couscous is fluffy.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork and top with meatballs and a dollop of tomato sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with feta, fresh herbs and roasted tomatoes.