Immune-boosting chicken soup
Nourishing soup with Thai flavours.
- Serves 6
- More than 1 hour
- 1 free-range chicken
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2L cold water
- Main ingredients:
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2cm knob ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) fish sauce
- Handful baby spinach
- 2 large carrots, grated
- ½ cup (125ml) frozen baby peas
- 2 packets (60g each) egg noodles, cooked
- Nice to have:
- 1 packet (100-150g) PnP exotic mushrooms
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 packet (125g|) sugar snap peas, halved
- Place all stock ingredients, except water, in a large pot.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from stock and strain liquid, discarding vegetables.
- Season and stir in ginger, garlic, spring onions and fish sauce. Set aside.
- Shred chicken, discarding bones and skin.
- Divide chicken, spinach, carrot and baby peas between 6 jars or bowls.
- Add noodles, mushrooms, radishes and sugar snap peas, if using.
- Pour hot stock into jars or bowls. Stand for 5 minutes and serve.