Hot cross bun and butter pudding
An easy dessert to end Easter lunch off.
- Serves 6
- Less than 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice each bun horizontally in half.
- Spread the bottom half of each bun with chocolate spread and sandwich together with its top. Arrange in a medium baking dish.
- Whisk eggs, cream and sugar together and pour over the buns.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp (15ml) of the sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the top has formed a crust and the custard is just set.
- Allow pudding to stand for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.