Grilled grapefruit with oat crumble
Eat this for breakfast or jazz it up for dessert with extra nuts and whipped cream.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sugar
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) rolled oats
- ½ packet (50g) raw almonds, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) honey, plus extra for serving
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) butter, melted
- Yoghurt, for serving
- Halve grapefruits and place cut-side up on a baking tray.
- Cut along the inside of the skin with a paring knife so the flesh comes away from the pith, and cut into segments (this makes for easier eating).
- Mix sugar with cinnamon and scatter over grapefruit.
- Mix rolled oats, almonds, honey and butter.
- Scatter oat mixture on the same baking tray.
- Grill at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, or until grapefruit is caramelised on top and oats are golden.
- Serve grapefruit topped with oat crumble, a dollop of yoghurt and honey.