Grilled baby gem and bean salad
The perfect salad to bring to a braai.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 10 baby potatoes, halved and boiled
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (250g) fine green beans, blanched
- ½ cup (125ml) low-fat yoghurt
- Handful dill, chopped, plus extra for serving
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 1 can (410g) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 packets (6) baby gem lettuce, quartered
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat oil in a pan and fry potatoes until golden.
- Season and remove from pan.
- Heat green beans in the same pan and season.
- Whisk yoghurt, dill and lemon juice together to make a dressing.
- Toss dressing with potatoes, green beans and cannellini beans.
- Just before serving, heat a griddle pan over high heat.
- Drizzle lettuce quarters lightly with oil and grill until charred.
- Remove and place on a serving dish.
- Top with potato mixture and scatter with extra dill. Serve with lemon wedges.