Gorgonzola-stuffed chicken burgers with pickled pear slaw
Chicken burgers will never be the same again.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- ½ cup (80g) gorgonzola
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) oil
- ½ cup (125ml) warm water
- ½ cup (125ml) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) white balsamic vinegar
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 1 cup (120g) cabbage, shredded
- Handful fennel, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) mayonnaise
- 4 Portuguese rolls, for serving
- 1 head baby gem lettuce, torn, for serving
- Cut each chicken breast open in the middle so that it lies flat.
- Place cheese in the centre on one side of each breast. Fold the other side over and season.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken until golden.
- Finish in a 160°C oven until cooked through.
- Combine water, sugar and vinegar.
- Place fennel and pears in the liquid mixture.
- Pickle for 20 minutes and drain.
- Mix with remaining slaw ingredients.
- Serve on rolls with torn lettuce and slaw.