Espresso saucy chocolate pudding
A shot of espresso enhances the chocolate flavour.
- Serves 6
- Less than 1 hour
- ½ cup (125g) butter, softened
- ½ cup (125g) sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- ½ cup (75g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (60g) cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp (3ml) baking powder
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup (180ml) boiling water
- ¼ cup (60ml) strong prepared instant coffee
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Raspberries, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a round 1.2L baking dish.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each addition.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together.
- Stir into egg mixture and pour into prepared dish.
- Stir water and coffee together and gently pour over the back of a spoon over pudding.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until pudding is cooked and sauce has settled.
- Dust with cocoa powder and serve with ice cream and raspberries, if using.