Easter bunny biscuits
Edible crafts for kids!
- Makes 20
- Less than 1 hour
- Whisk butter until lighter in colour and beat in egg until incorporated.
- Sift in sugar-cookie mix and mix well until dough is formed.
- Empty dough from mixing bowl on plastic wrap.
- Press into a flat disc, wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap dough, and place between two sheets of greaseproof paper.
- Flatten with rolling pin until 2-3mm thick.
- Cut out gingerbread men using a cookie cutter, until all the dough is used up. Turn baking tray upside down to reveal bunny shapes – the gingerbread man legs will now be the bunny ears.
- Place onto baking tray and slightly separate the bunny ears. Gently press down on the bunnies’ ‘bellies’ to make indents.
- Prick two holes with toothpicks to make the bunnies’ eyes.
- Place an Easter egg in the centre of each bunny and fold the arms up to hold the egg in place.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- Leave to cool before removing from the baking tray.
- Serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature.