Crunchy hake burgers
Easy dinner the whole family will love
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- Salt and milled pepper
- 8 (about 80-100g each) hake portions, skinned
- 1 cup (250ml) cake flour
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups (500ml) panko or regular breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Juice (120ml) of 2 lemons
- ½ cup (125ml) sour cream
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped parsley
- 4 seeded burger rolls, halved and toasted
- Handful fresh rocket
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 4-5 radishes, sliced
- ½ head small red cabbage, shredded
- Lime wedges
- Season fish, coat in flour, dip in egg and cover in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pot and deep-fry fish in batches for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Combine sour cream, mustard, chilli and parsley.
- Layer burger rolls with rocket, hake, apples, radishes and cabbage.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream sauce and lime wedges.