Citrus puddle pudding
Use your favourite citrus fruit.
- Serves 6
- Less than 1 hour
- ⅘ cup (200g) butter, softened
- ¼ cup (60g) castor sugar
- ½ cup (65g) icing sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- Grated peel of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 1¼ cups (155g) cornflour
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 packet (100g) ground almonds
- ½ cup (125ml) amasi
- 1 cup (250ml) citrus juice
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ¼ cup (60ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) double-cream yoghurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 1.2L dish.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add grated lemon and orange peel and mix well.
- Sift cornflour, baking powder and salt together and fold into egg mixture.
- Fold in nuts and amasi.
- Spoon into prepared dish.
- Stir citrus juice, water and brown sugar together.
- Spoon over pudding and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- Serve with yoghurt.