Cake mix makes baking a breeze.
- Serves 10
- More than 1 hour
- 1 box (500g) vanilla cake mix
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 small can (227g) pineapple pieces, drained
- 1 packet (100g) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (3ml) ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp (3ml) ground cloves
- Cinnamon icing:
- ½ cup (125g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (130g) icing sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1½ cups (375ml) coconut shavings, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 20cm round cake pan with baking paper and coat with nonstick spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
- Fold banana, pineapple, nuts and spices into batter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until springy to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Stir together butter, icing sugar, cinnamon and salt until smooth. Spread over cooled cake and crust sides and top with coconut shavings.