Chocolate lava fondants
Watch as chocolate oozes out of the centre.
- Serves 6
- Less than 30 minutes
- Paired with pinotage
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease 6 ramekins and dust insides with cocoa powder (this will make turning them out easier).
- Melt butter and chocolate together over a double boiler. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, yolks and sugar with an electric beater until light and fluffy and pale in colour.
- Fold through melted chocolate mixture.
- Sift flour and add salt.
- Stir into chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Pour into ramekins and bake for 12-14 minutes (the centre should still be wobbly).
- Remove and cool.
- Turn out on plates.
- Serve with berries and garnish with mint.