Chilli Marmalade Chicken
Add a little bit of spice and a whole lot of nice to your Valentine's Day dinner
- Serves 4
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) marmalade
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sesame oil
- 1-3 red chilies
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) light soy sauce
- 4 (about 120 g each) chicken breasts on the bone, scored
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 packets (300 g) PnP coleslaw mix/shredded cabbage
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, very finely sliced
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- Handful of chopped coriander and fennel + extra for serving
- 2 red chilies, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Combine marmalade, chilli, soy sauce and garlic in a bowl. Season chicken and toss in sauce to coat well.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning frequently until sticky and slightly charred. Combine slaw ingredients and place on a serving platter.
- Place chicken next to slaw, with pan juice ladled over chicken. Serve immediately scattered with fresh herbs.