Chilli con carne
A Mexican dish that compliments the cooler weather.
- Serves 6
- Less than 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) smoked paprika
- 1 packet (50g) brown onion mix
- 1 packet (50g) tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chutney
- 1 can (400g) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 can (400g) baked beans
- ½ packet (150g) green beans
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ½ punnet (10g) chopped coriander, plus extra for serving
- 1 can (400g) corn kernels
- 1 can (400g) red kidney beans
- Salt and milled pepper
- Dollop sour cream
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot.
- Fry onions, garlic and chillies for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef mince and paprika and brown meat.
- Add brown onion mix, tomato paste and chutney.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, baked beans, green beans and water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chopped coriander, corn kernels and kidney beans.
- Top with remaining coriander and sour cream.