Chilli-bite mushroom buns
A fiery take on vegan burgers.
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- Avocado crema:
- 1 large avocado, peeled and quartered
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 1 packet (200g) chilli-bite mix
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- Salt and milled pepper
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 packet (2s) PnP giant black mushrooms, thickly sliced
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- For serving:
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sliced salad tomatoes
- 4 burger buns
- Place avocado crema ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Blend chilli-bite mix with water to create a smooth batter. Season. Stir through coriander and spring onions.
- Coat mushrooms in batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow-fry mushrooms and bits of excess batter until golden and cooked through.
- Drain on kitchen paper along with any extra crispy batter bits.
- Pile lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms and crispy batter bits onto buns. Top with avo crema just before serving.