Chicken teriyaki with slaw
Low-carb and lekker.
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- Glug olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- 4cm knob ginger, finely sliced
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp (5ml) sesame oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 baby cabbages, shredded
- 1 apple, cut into fine matchsticks
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 6-8 radishes, finely sliced
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Season chicken and brush with oil.
- Chargrill in a griddle pan for 2 minutes or until par-cooked.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat sauce ingredients in a pan until bubbling.
- Add chicken to sauce and cook 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove and slice.
- Arrange on a platter and pour pan juices over.
- Toss slaw ingredients together.
- Serve chicken topped with slaw.