Chicken skewers grazing platter
Choose free-range chicken as a better-for-you protein option.
- Serves 4-6
- Less than 45 minutes
- 4 (about 500g) PnP free-range chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) PnP oak-smoked chipotle spice rub
- 1 cup (250ml) cooked bulgur wheat
- 1 cup (250ml) cooked pearl barley
- ½ pack (60g) asparagus, blanched
- 4 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) fresh herbs (such as mint, parsley and coriander), chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 1 large tub (250g) PnP hummus
- ¼ cup (60ml) PnP crispy chickpeas
- ½ punnet (100g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Lemon wedges and a handful mint and parsley, for serving
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into 2cm thick strips.
- Drizzle chicken with oil, season and rub with spice.
- Thread onto skewers.
- Heat a pan with oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry skewers until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes in total. Set aside.
- Combine grains, asparagus and cucumber.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, herbs and olive oil. Season.
- Arrange salad and hummus on a platter and sprinkle with crispy chickpeas. Top with skewers.
- Serve with tomatoes, lemon wedges and herbs.
- Chef's tip: Add ½ cup (125ml) defrosted PnP edamame for extra crunch and a pop of colour.