Carrot ‘cake’ smoothie bowls
Have your cake and eat it (for breakfast).
- Serves 1
- Less than 30 minutes
- 2 carrots, washed and grated, plus extra for topping
- ½ cup (125ml) low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) honey (or sugar), plus extra honey to top
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) oats
- Milk (optional)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sunflower seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5ml) oil
- ½ apple, cubed
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) raisins
- Blend together carrots, yoghurt, honey (or sugar), spices, banana and 2 Tbsp (30ml) oats in a blender until very smooth.
- Add a splash of milk, if needed.
- Toss the remaining oats, sunflower seeds and salt in oil. Add a drizzle of honey and toast in a pan over medium heat.
- Pour carrot smoothie into a bowl and top with grated carrot, cubed apple, the toasted oats mixture and raisins. Serve.