Boerewors, tomato and red-pepper traybake
Make extra wors and add to your lunchbox for a protein-packed lunch!
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 salad tomatoes, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5ml) paprika
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 round (500g) Grabouw wors
- 1 packet (200g) PnP calamata olives, rinsed and pitted
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Toss onion, tomatoes, pepper, tomato paste and olive oil together in a roasting pan.
- Season with coriander, cumin, paprika, salt and milled pepper.
- Place wors on top of vegetables.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 200°C for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and wors is cooked through. Reserve one length of wors for lunch.
- Garnish with olives and parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread.