Bacon and corn potato salad
- Serves 6
- Less than 1 hour
- 1 packet (250g) streaky bacon, chopped
- 2 mielies
- 1kg baby potatoes, boiled until tender, cooled
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- Large handful rocket, for serving
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) tangy mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) double cream yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Dijon mustard
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and milled pepper
- Slow-fry bacon until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Braai mielies to blister. Remove corn from cobs. Halve potatoes and toss with corn.
- Add spring onions, parsley and chives.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle over salad.
- Top salad with bacon and rocket and serve.