Apple, pickled fennel and mustard slaw
This slaw goes well with smoky sausages and grilled meats.
- Makes 2 cups
- Less than 45 minutes
- ½ cup (125ml) each hot water, apple cider vinegar and sugar
- 3 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup (250ml) shredded cabbage
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) mayonnaise
- ½ Tbsp (8ml) wholegrain mustard
- Juice (30ml) of ½ lemon
- Handful fennel fronds, mint and parsley, chopped
- For serving:
- Bangers, hot dogs or sausage rolls
- Combine hot water, apple cider vinegar and sugar.
- Place sliced baby fennel bulbs in the mixture for 30 minutes, then drain
- Mix together Granny Smith apples, fennel and cabbage.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice.
- Add dressing and fennel fronds, mint and parsley to apple mixture.
- Serve with bangers, hot dogs or sausage rolls.