Apple crumble slice
A crumble that you can eat without a spoon.
- Makes 16
- Less than 1 hour
- 1½ cups (280g) brown sugar
- 2 cups (300g) cake flour
- 1 cup (250g) butter
- 2 cups (230g) granola
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5ml) almond essence
- 2 cans (400g each) PnP pie apple segments, drained
- ½ tsp (3ml) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray.
- Place sugar, flour, butter, granola, baking powder, salt and almond essence in a large bowl and mix together until crumbly.
- Press half the mixture into a baking tray and set aside the remainder.
- Roughly chop apples and stir through cinnamon.
- Spread apples over base and crumble over the remaining granola mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.