Apple and berry oat crumble
A simple and homely dessert that everyone will love.
- Serves 6
- Less than 45 minutes
- 6 apples, quartered
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, halved
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) oats
- ½ cup (125ml) hazelnuts or almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (60ml) brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) flaxseeds
- ¼ cup (60ml) cold butter
- Ice cream, for serving
- Mint leaves, for serving
- Combine apples, strawberries, honey and ground cinnamon and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Combine oats, hazelnuts or almonds, sunflower seeds and brown sugar and linseeds.
- Rub in cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with ice cream and mint leaves.