Chilli Bites with Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
Add some spice to get togethers with these chilli bites
- Serves 8
- 500g (4 cups) GOLDEN CLOUD DOMBOLO, VETKOEK & BREAD MIX (3 in 1)
- 1 pkt (10g) instant dry yeast
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) sugar
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) curry powder
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground cumin
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) chilli flakes
- 65ml (4 tablespoons) fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) lukewarm water
- 1 can (410g) KOO CHICKPEAS IN FLAVOURED BRINE, drained
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Dipping sauce:
- 125ml (½ cup) CROSSE & BLACKWELL TANGY MAYONNAISE
- 65ml ( ¼ cup) MRS BALLS SWEET CHILLI SAUCE
- In a bowl, mix together GOLDEN CLOUD MIX, instant yeast, salt, sugar, curry powder, cumin, chilli flakes and coriander.
- Add water and mix to make a soft dough, knead for about 10 minutes. Cover and allow to rise until double the size.
- In another bowl, mash KOO CHICKPEAS until smooth. Knock the dough down and add mashed KOO CHICKPEAS, knead well to form a thick batter.
- Fry spoonsful of the mixture in hot oil, for a few minutes on all sides or until cooked through and golden crisp. Drain on kitchen towel.
- For the sauce: mix together CROSSE & BLACKWELL TANGY MAYONNAISE and MRS BALLS SWEET CHILLI SAUCE. Serve Chilli bites with the sauce, garnish with lemon or lime wedges.