Gin cocktail with basil and cucumber
Replace gin with cordial, and bubbly with sparkling water for a non-alcoholic option.
- Serves 2
- Less than 25 minutes
- ¼ cup (60ml) each gin and simple syrup
- Juice (60ml) of 2 limes
- Handful ice
- 4-6 cucumber ribbons
- ⅓ cup (180ml) crushed ice
- ½ cup (125ml) sparkling wine
- Basil leaves, for serving
- Pomegranate rubies, for serving
- Combine gin, simple syrup and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake until the outside is ice cold.
- Divide cucumber ribbons between 2 large glasses and top with crushed ice, then strain in cocktail mixture.
- Top up cocktails with sparkling wine.
- Serve with basil leaves and pomegranate rubies.