DeGrendel Wines Beef Burger
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp clove, ground
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 slices bread, crust removed and soaked in 4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp maldon salt
- 1/2 cup caramelized onion
- Shiraz Chutney Recipe:
- 8 onions, sliced
- 100ml red wine vinegar
- 100ml De Grendel Shiraz
- 100g castor sugar
- Combine all the igredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well and form into 4 equal sized patties.
- Fry the patties over a medium to high heat for about 2-3 minutes or until coked through.
- Serve the patties with rocket, mature cheddar, sliced tomato, De Grendel Shiraz chutney and ciabatta.
- Shiraz Chutney Method:
- Combine the onions with a splash of olive oil in a large pot and gently fry off for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Now add the wine and vinegar and gently cook until all the liquid has been absorbed and soft and sticky.